What is third party, fire and theft car insurance?
Third party insurance (or third party liability insurance) is the minimum car insurance you must have by law. If you're in an accident where you were at fault, it protects other people, and their cars and property. But any repairs to your car have to come out of your own pocket.
Third party, fire and theft works in the same way as third party car insurance, but your car is covered if it is damaged by fire, stolen, or if a failed attempt to steal it results in damage to the car.
What we cover
With our Third Party, Fire and Theft cover, you can feel safe in the knowledge that the essentials are taken care of. Plus, we've added a few other things to put your mind at rest.
Here are just some of our most popular features:
- No Claims Discount for you and other named drivers – the more years you're claim-free, the bigger the discount when you renew.
- Replacement child car seat if your car is lost or damaged, we'll cover the cost of replacing the child seat – even if it doesn't look damaged.
- European cover so you can take your own car insurance on holiday with you for up to 35 days. And enjoy the same benefits you do in the UK.
For a full list of what's covered – and a comparison with comprehensive car insurance – go to choose your cover.
Get more mileage from your policy
For fuss free motoring, we've got some handy extras that you can add to your policy to keep you on the road for longer:
- No Claims Discount Protection – keep your discount even when you make a claim
- Motor Legal Protection – cover your expenses if you have to go to court
- RAC Breakdown Cover – choose from a range of cover to help when you're stuck at the side of the road
- Guaranteed Courtesy Car – for a car the same size as yours, or bigger, for 14 or 21 days.
- Key Cover – get replacement locks and keys, and other transport if you're locked out