Skip to content

Sainsbury's Bank

Car Insurance

Unlock our guaranteed discount as a Nectar member ‡

Sainsbury's Bank Car Insurance - Drive Happy

What is third party, fire and theft car insurance?

Third party insurance (or third party liability insurance) is the minimum car insurance you must have by law. If you're in an accident where you were at fault, it protects other people, their cars and property. But any repairs to your car have to come out of your own pocket.

Third party, fire and theft works in the same way as third party car insurance, but your car is covered if it is damaged by fire, stolen, or if a failed attempt to steal it results in damage to the car.

What we cover

With our third party, fire and theft cover, you can feel safe in the knowledge that the essentials are taken care of. Plus, we've added a few other things to put your mind at rest.

Third Party, Fire & Theft Standard Plus

Loss or damage to your car (by fire and theft)

Liability to other people

No claims discount for you and other named drivers

Child seat replacement cover – we don’t take risks with your child’s safety

European cover - we'll give you up to 35 days of your full cover to drive in any EU country, as well as Iceland, Norway and Switzerland

Tailor your cover Standard Plus

RAC Breakdown Cover


Bronze level cover only

Motor legal protection - cover your expenses if you have to go to court


Guaranteed courtesy car - upgrade your courtesy car to a car the same size or bigger than yours



No claims discount protection - keep your discount when you make a claim



Key cover - get replacement locks and keys if you're locked out




Cover limits, exclusions and excesses apply. For a full list of what’s covered – and a comparison with third party, fire and theft – go to choose your cover.

‡ Guaranteed discount for Nectar members: The discount is based on information related to you and the transactions you've made with Sainsbury's supermarkets and Sainsbury's Bank using your Nectar account. For more information go to