You can ask us to close your credit card online, but before you do this, don’t forget the benefits of our credit cards.
- Earn nectar points on your shopping across Sainsburys, Argos, Habitat and Tu
- Manage your account 24/7 online or through our mobile APP
- Up to 56 days interest free on purchases if you pay the full balance shown on your previous and current statement by the payment date
- No fees when buying Sainsbury’s Bank Travel money with your credit card
- Add up to 3 additional account holders
Still want to close your credit card?
Please read this important information about your account once it’s closed
- You won't be able to view this account using our online banking service or mobile APP.
- You won’t be able to use your card anymore. Please destroy your card and ask any additional cardholders to destroy their cards.
- If you have any regular transactions or subscriptions set up on your account (e.g., Sky TV) you’ll need to contact the provider directly to arrange for a new way to pay.
- If you decide to apply for a new card with us, you can do this 90 days after your balance is paid in full.
If you have an outstanding balance
- You will receive your statements in paper format.
- After your balance is paid, you may still have to pay some outstanding interest. This happens when you haven’t cleared your balance plus any interest in full for two consecutive months. If any further interest is due, details will be included in a statement sent to you the following month.
- Once your total balance and any outstanding interest is paid in full, we will stop sending you monthly paper statements.
- To use our automated telephone payment service, you’ll need your 16-digit card number, found on your statement. You’ll also need your card expiry date so please make a note of this before you destroy your card.
What happens when you complete the form?
We’ll arrange for your credit card to be closed and will confirm this in the next 10 days. We may send you a survey by email in the next few weeks to ask for feedback. If you’d like to respond, please don’t include any personal or account information.