Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance and help for car and home insurance
We're going through unprecedented times as the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to be felt across the UK. As part of our membership of the Association of British Insurers, we've made a pledge to support people affected by the impact of coronavirus.
- Support when you need to make a claim. We’re working closely with our insurers and service providers to do everything possible in these challenging circumstances. And we’ll continue to handle claims and support our customers while recognising there will be many of you who will need additional support. Our insurers will prioritise those in vulnerable circumstances.
- Support when you’re working from home. If you are an office-based worker and need to work from home because of government advice or because you need to self-isolate, your home insurance cover will not be affected. You do not need to contact us to update your cover.
- Support if you can’t work from home. If you have to drive to your workplace because of the impact of Covid-19, your insurance policy will not be affected. You do not need to contact us to extend your cover.
- Support if you use your car to help your community. If you’re using your own car for voluntary purposes to transport medicines or groceries to support others who are impacted by Covid-19, your cover will not be affected. You do not need to contact us to extend your cover.
- Support for our key workers. If your work* is critical to the national response to Covid-19 and you need to use your own car to drive to different locations for work purposes because of the impact of Covid-19, your cover will not be affected. You do not need to contact us to extend your cover.
- These commitments apply to private cars insured on private car insurance policies only. This does not cover use for hire or reward purposes.
- Key workers applies to everyone who works in one of the critical sectors listed by the government.
If you need to make a change
It is possible that our contact centres may be affected resulting in reduced service levels. In such circumstances, please bear in mind that you can still access your account 24/7 online and make changes whenever you want - plus there's no admin fee. To make this even easier, you can also download our app.
What you can do online
Checking your details is quick and easy. You can also:
- Keep your policy up to date by making changes like changing your car or adding a driver, with no admin fee
- View your insurance documents online, with instant access whenever you need them
- Upload documents like proof of no claims discount
- Renew your policy and pay online if you need to