We're going through unprecedented times as the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be felt across the UK. As part of our membership of the Association of British Insurers, we've made a pledge to support people affected by the impact of coronavirus.
If you’re an office-based worker who will continue to work from home, you don’t need to contact us to change your policy unless any of the following applies:
- You have visitors in your house on business matters, for example, face to face client meetings.
- Your business makes or sells goods from home or you store business items at home, particularly if the goods valuable or include hazardous or flammable material (such as gas cylinders or fireworks).
- If you’re offering any other services from your home. For example, this would apply to jobs such as providing beauty treatments, hairdressing, child minding, dog grooming or being an exercise instructor.
- You have adapted your property (i.e. using an outbuilding as your home office or have undertaken any major renovation works) or acquired new business equipment that belongs to you. Cover for any business equipment (i.e. laptop) will usually be the employer’s responsibility but check with your employer if unsure.
- You have established, or are planning to establish, a business from home during the pandemic, or have moved the running of your business to your home premises.
If any of the above applies to you, please call us.
As restrictions change and travel to workplaces becomes more routine, it is again necessary for you to check your insurance cover is appropriate for your needs. Please call us if there are ongoing changes to your working and driving activities since taking out your policy. This includes if you’re now using your own vehicle to commute to work or driving to different locations for work purposes.
We appreciate this may continue to be a difficult time for some customers and will be ready to discuss insurance cover, including options for those who may be experiencing financial hardship.
If you continue to use your own vehicle for voluntary purposes, such as to transport medicines or groceries to support others who are impacted by Covid-19, this will continue to be covered at no extra cost and you don’t need to contact us. Please note, this is subject to change as restrictions update across the UK.
Car insurance FAQ’s
Home insurance FAQ’s
If you need to make a change
It is possible that our contact centres may be affected resulting in reduced service levels. In such circumstances, please bear in mind that you can still access your account 24/7 online and make changes whenever you want - plus there's no admin fee. To make this even easier, you can also download our app.
What you can do online
Checking your details is quick and easy. You can also:
- Keep your policy up to date by making changes like changing your car or adding a driver, with no admin fee
- View your insurance documents online, with instant access whenever you need them
- Upload documents like proof of no claims discount
- Renew your policy and pay online if you need to