Keep your pet healthy and happy – at home or abroad.
Help is at hand should the worst happen
Going on holiday when you have a pet can be stressful enough. So if the worst ever happens and you have to cancel your trip because your pet has gone missing or needs life-saving treatment, our holiday cancellation cover could help.
What you’re covered for
We’ll cover the cost of any lost travel and accommodation expenses if you or a family member have to cancel your holiday. This can be because either your pet needs life-saving treatment or goes missing while you’re away. Cover is up to the limits set out below and in your Certificate of Insurance.
This cover will reimburse you if you have to cancel your holiday less than seven days before you’re due to leave. We’ll also compensate you if you have to cut your trip short and come home early.
|Time limited £3,000||Lifetime £2,500||Lifetime £5,000||Lifetime £7,500||Lifetime £10,000||Maximum benefit £3,000||Maximum benefit £6,000|
|Covers up to max amount below each year|
Please note that we won't cover the cost of any pre-existing conditions and that terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations apply. You can find out more about the terms of our cover in our policy documents.
What we won’t cover
In order to keep our insurance fair and as affordable as possible, our holiday cancellation cover won’t reimburse you for:
- Anyone else who was on holiday with you other than members of your family
- Expenses that can be claimed back from another source, for example your travel insurance
- Holidays that were booked less than 28 days before you were due to leave
- Pre-existing conditions or illnesses that occur or show symptoms within the first 14 days of your policy starting
- Treatment that your vet confirms isn’t life-saving
There are some breeds that we won't cover under our £10,000 limit which you can find details of in our FAQ section. Please note that we won't cover any pre-existing conditions and that terms, conditions, excesses and exclusions and limitations apply. You can find out more about the terms of our cover in our policy documents.
Make a holiday cancellation claim
If you have to cancel a holiday and this isn’t already covered by your travel insurance, call our claims team on 0344 543 1032 and we'll send you a claims form. Alternatively, you can download a claims form from My Pet Portal. You then need to complete and return to us.
We’re here Monday to Friday, 8am–6pm and Saturday, 9am–1pm. Calls are charged at local rates from landlines and mobiles and may be monitored and recorded.
Once you’ve downloaded your claim form, complete the relevant sections, sign it and return it with:
- The booking and cancellation invoice from your travel agent, tour operator or holiday organiser (these must show the dates and total cost of your holiday and the date you cancelled or returned home)
- A copy of your travel insurance policy
- Evidence from your vet that your pet required life-saving treatment
Taking your pet with you?
Our holiday cancellation cover can help with the costs if you have to cancel your trip to be with your pet.
But even if you take your pet abroad with you, we’ll still be here to help. Our holiday cover will give you:
- Cover towards overseas vet fees
- Help with quarantine costs due to illness or misplaced travel documents
- Cover to help with additional accommodation bills if your pet is lost or too ill to return as scheduled
- Help with replacement pet travel documents if they’re lost or stolen
Helpful pet guides
Our handy pet health and pet insurance guides are jam-packed with help and advice – no matter where you are in the world.
We’ve got the answers to our pet insurance customers’ most common questions.See all FAQs
Ready to protect your pet?
If you’re looking for pet insurance that can help cover the cost of cancelled holidays and protect your pet abroad, you’re in the right place.
Double check our policy documents to make sure you’re happy with the terms of our cover – then get started with your quote.Get a quote now
Need to talk to us?
Find the details you need in our FAQs
Sainsbury's Bank plc, Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's Bank plc.
Sainsbury's Bank plc acts as an introducer to Pinnacle Insurance plc who is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register number 110866). Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 2XX. Sainsbury’s Bank plc and Pinnacle Insurance plc are not part of the same corporate group.