Get prepped and ready for your new kitten with this go-to guide
Kitten cover that cares
When you get your paws on your cute little kitten, the last thing you want to think about is them falling ill or getting injured. But accidents happen. And when they do, we’ll be there to help you.
With Sainsbury’s Bank Pet Insurance, we can protect your kitten from just eight weeks old. And with cover for vet fees and 24/7 Vet Assistance included as standard, you’ll know we’ve got your kitten’s health at heart.
Why choose our pet insurance for your kitten?
- Choose from time limited or a range of lifetime policies – with cover from £2,500 to £7,500 a year
- Get direct access to qualified vet nurses, day or night, with 24/7 Vet Assistance
- It’s quick and simple to make and manage claims online with My Pet Portal
- Extra discounts are available for Nectar members*
- We’ll double your Nectar points on your Sainsbury's shopping and fuel**
- If you have another pet, you could add your kitten to our multi-pet insurance and save £1 per pet per month†
What your kitten's covered for
When pet health problems or injuries need expert veterinary care, you can soon find yourself out of pocket. But when you protect your kitten with us, you've got one less thing to worry about.
No matter what product you choose, we’ll cover the cost of your vet fees. This includes dental treatment and physiotherapy – up to the limits shown below and in your certificate of insurance
You’ll also get additional benefits as standard, including cover for emergency cattery fees, though terms and conditions do apply. See our policy guide for full limitations.
|Description||Cover for 12 months or up to max amount
|Covers up to max amount each year
|Treatment period||12 months||unlimited|
|Treatment basis||per condition||per year|
|Benefit||Time limited £3,000||Lifetime up to £7,500|
|Dental Cover (excludes routine dental treatment, terms & conditions apply)||up to £3,000||up to £7,500|
|Complementary Treatment||£500||up to £1,500|
|Physiotherapy||£500||up to £1,500|
|Behavioural illnesses (excludes the cost of any damage to your home)||up to £3,000||up to £7,500|
|Overseas veterinary treatment||up to £3,000||up to £7,500|
Please note, all treatments need to be referred by a vet.
Please note that we won't cover the cost of any pre-existing conditions and that terms, conditions, excesses, exclusions and limitations apply. You can find out more about the terms of our cover in our policy documents.
What’s the best kitten insurance?
When you protect your kitten with us, you’ve got a choice of time limited or three levels of lifetime cover. What product and level of cover is best will completely depend on your personal circumstances and your new kitten’s needs.
With our most comprehensive pet insurance, your kitten will be covered for £2,500, £5,000 or £7,500 per year – and we can pay out for ongoing issues it may have throughout its lifetime.Find out more about lifetime cover
Time Limited Cover
With time limited cover, each condition is covered for 12 months or until the maximum benefit is paid – whichever comes first.Find out more about time limited cover
From what age can I insure my kitten?
With Sainsbury’s Bank Pet Insurance, you can insure your new kitten from eight weeks of age. Once your kitten’s insured, you can cover it up to any age, as long as you keep renewing your policy without a break.
Kitten care guides
Get some help welcoming your new kitten into your world with our handy guides and information.
Need more help?
Can't decide which pet is right for you or your family? We've got lots more information to help you decide.
Ready to insure your kitten?
If you’d like to get a quote for your pet insurance, you can get started right away. If you’re ready, we’re ready.Find out more
Got more than one pet?
If you’ve already got pets at home, you can save even more money by adding your new kitten to a multi-pet policy.†Insure multiple pets
We’ve got the answers to some of the most common questions we hear about pet insurance.Get an answer
Need to talk to us?
Call 0344 543 1032
We’re here Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm and Saturday, 9am-1pm. Calls are charged at local rates from landlines and mobiles and may be monitored and recorded.
*Guaranteed discount for Nectar card holders: The discount is based on information related to you and the transactions you've made with Sainsbury's supermarkets and Sainsbury's Bank using your Nectar card. For more information go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/nectar.
**Double Nectar points.
1) Only available to customers buying a new Sainsbury's Bank Pet Insurance policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply, and use this card with each Sainsbury's purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one pet insurance policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s Bank (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9) We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
†Multi-pet discount is a minimum of £24 when insuring more than one pet as this is worked out at £1 per pet per month for each pet on a policy, up to a maximum of six pets. Pets can have different cover levels and optional extras. Discount deducted separately from any other offer.
Sainsbury's Bank plc, Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's Bank plc.
Sainsbury's Bank plc acts as an introducer to Pinnacle Insurance plc who is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register number 110866). Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 2XX. Sainsbury’s Bank plc and Pinnacle Insurance plc are not part of the same corporate group.