Are you impacted by Thomas Cook?
We're sorry that you've been affected by the news that Thomas Cook is no longer operating. We've provided some information below but for more details you can visit thomascook.caa.co.uk.
What do I need to do?
If you're still abroad
- The Government has said that they will repatriate holiday makers, even if they're not covered by ATOL. If you have any questions, there's a 24-hour helpline - from abroad, call +44 1753 330 330, or from the UK 0300 303 2800. Details of all flights will be posted on thomascook.caa.co.uk
If you have a future booking and haven't travelled yet – claiming a refund
- Most package holidays are covered by ATOL, and they should be your first port of call for claiming a refund. You can check if you’re ATOL protected and get details of the claims process by visiting thomascook.caa.co.uk
- If you have our Gold, Platinum or Premier Travel Insurance, which provides cover for situations like this, then you can also get in touch to make a claim - 01403 288 421 - but please ensure that you have contacted ATOL beforehand
- If you purchased your holiday using your Sainsbury’s Bank credit card and made the purchase directly to Thomas Cook (not via a third partly like PayPal) and you’re booking is not ATOL protected then you can call our credit card contact centre 08085 40 50 60 or from outside the UK 00 44 131 549 8040
What if I booked my holiday with a third party?
If you’ve booked your holiday through a third party, contact the company you booked with or visit thomascook.caa.co.uk for more information.
What if I want to amend my Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance – transfer of cover to a new trip
- Customers with Single Trip Travel Insurance policies who wish to rebook their holiday can amend their existing policies to cover their new trip if this trip is to take place within the next 6 months and subject to any additional premium that may be applied.
Travel Insurance - refund of a Single Trip policy premium
- Customers with Single Trip Travel Insurance policies who wish to cancel a future Thomas Cook trip booking are able to cancel their existing Travel Insurance policy and obtain a full refund of their premium (subject to any administration fee). By doing so, you will not be eligible to make any claims under the policy.
What if I want to make a claim related to supplier/airline failure?
Travel Insurance - End Supplier Failure Insurance and Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance:
If you have a Travel Insurance Policy that includes either Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance (SAFI) or End Supplier Failure Insurance, then please use the following contact details below, you can also make a claim online:
- Telephone: +44 (0)345 266 1872
- Email: Insolvencyfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ipplondon.co.uk/claims.asp
Can I get a refund on my Travel Money?
Yes, if you have your proof of purchase just go in store to one of our Travel Money bureau and we’ll exchange your money at the rate you bought it.
We're aware that fraudsters are taking advantage of those affected by the Thomas Cook situation and are trying to trick people into revealing sensitive personal or financial information.
Please be wary of any unexpected phone calls, texts or email(s). To help prevent fraud and to find guidance to help protect yourself, please visit our Security page.