Frequently asked questions
Our annual multi-trip policy is great if you take more than one trip a year and it could save you money on your travel insurance. The extended stay policy is handy if you’re out of the country for a long period of time – an around the world trip, for example.
If you make your own holiday arrangements and book your flights, accommodation and car hire separately and not as part of a package holiday, our travel disruption cover could be ideal. It’s included at no extra cost with our Gold and Platinum insurance, and it’ll cover you for unexpected events such as natural disasters, outbreak of infectious diseases, strikes or airport closures.
Gold insurance gives you up to £5,000 of cover for each insured person, while Platinum will cover you for £7,500 if your trip is cancelled or cut short as a result of:
- the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advising against travel to or evacuation from your holiday destination
- natural disaster making your accommodation uninhabitable
- strike action leading to the cancellation of your international transport from the UK
- airport, port or airspace being closed for 24 hours.
As well as cover for cancelling or cutting short your trip, our insurance also covers you for:
- reasonable additional accommodation and transport costs incurred, up to the standard of your original booking. This applies if you can’t use your accommodation due to fire, flood, tsunami, hurricane or infectious disease
- enforced stay if you’re stuck abroad due to airspace or the airport or port, or the Channel Tunnel being closed for more than 24 hours.
You can get help from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website, which offers a wealth of travel advice, tips and up-to-date, information on most countries.
We offer a medical screening process, and this will tell you whether claims for your existing medical condition will be covered. We've tried to make sure we can offer cover to most customers, but some conditions may mean you have to pay a bit more to make sure you’re fully covered.
collapsed I want to go on holiday for eight weeks. Will such a long break be covered under your annual policy?
Yes. Our annual insurance allows up to 62 days for any one trip if you choose Silver or Gold cover, or up to 92 days if you select Platinum cover.
Yes, we can cover you and up to 5 of your children with a family policy. If it’s just the two of you, please select a couple policy
No, you don’t. We base our premiums on the individuals who are travelling.
collapsed One of my children has turned 18, but we’d like to go on a family holiday this year – would she be covered?
Our family policies cover children aged 17 or under. If your child or children are 18 years old, they can have their own individual policy or you can buy a group policy for all of you.
There are some exclusions. Here are the main ones.
- Travelling against medical advice or to obtain medical treatment.
- Pre-existing medical conditions that haven’t been agreed by us.
- Hazardous sports or activities that haven’t been agreed by us.
- Pregnancy or childbirth, if the due date is less than 12 weeks (16 weeks for a multiple birth) after the end of the trip.
- Theft from unattended vehicles in some circumstances.
- Loss or theft of baggage not reported to the police within 24 hours or as soon as possible after that.
- Flying, except as a fare-paying passenger in a licensed passenger carrying aircraft.
We use 256 bit SSL encryption.
Your personalised documents are saved securely online. Once you’ve bought your cover, we’ll email you to let you know where and how to access your documents. And to protect your security, we’ll ask you to set up a password so only you can access them.
If you accidentally delete the email telling you how to access your documents, you can call our Customer Services Team on 0345 305 2622* and we’ll send the email again for you.
Your online documents will be in a printable format so you can print them off at home.
That’s no problem – we can provide your documents in large print, Braille or on audio cassette. Simply call our Customer Services Team on 0345 305 2622* and we’ll arrange to send the documents in a format that suits you.
And if you have a hearing or speech impairment, you can also contact us using the Text Relay service (Next Generation Text). Please dial 18001 followed by the number you’re calling use Typetalk. To speak with our Customer Services Team dial 18001 0345 305 2622*.
You can access your insurance documents online throughout the life of your policy. And if you need to access your documents after your policy ends, just call our Customer Services Team on 0345 305 2622*.
*Lines open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-5pm. Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays. Calls are charged at local rates from landlines and mobiles. We sometimes monitor and record calls.
*Telephone calls may be recorded for security purposes and monitored under our quality control procedures.