If you’re registered for online banking then you can request a balance transfer by:
1. Logging in to your account. Not already registered? Register here
2. Land on 'My Accounts'
3. Select 'Account Details' for your credit card account
4. Then select 'Request a balance transfer' from the list of links on the right hand side of the screen or at the bottom of the page if you’re using a mobile phone.
Subject to available credit you can:
• Request a balance transfer of up to 95% of your available credit
• Request a balance transfer of a minimum of £100
If you requested your balance transfer when you applied for your credit card, you need to activate your card before we can complete the transfer. You can activate your card using online banking. Not already registered for online banking? Head to sainsburysbank.co.uk/register. Once you’ve registered your card will automatically activate.
There are a few places that we can’t accept balance transfers from. This includes some credit and store cards, Sainsbury’s Bank credit cards, loan companies and bank accounts. All transfers are subject to our approval and we may need to call you for more information before proceeding.
Once approved, your balance transfer(s) should be received by the next working day, although it may take longer if we need to do further validation checks. Please continue to make payments to your existing card issuer(s) if required.