Household removals cover
Moving house is stressful enough, without worrying about whether your possessions will make it to your new place in one piece. That's why our home insurance includes contents cover when you are moving home as standard.
What is household removals cover?
Removals cover, also known as movers insurance, protects your furniture, family heirlooms and furnishings from loss and damage while you move house.
What we cover
Our Contents Cover includes insurance for when you’re moving house. It covers your goods against loss and damage on the move, caused by:
- Theft and attempted theft
- Vandalism and malicious acts
- A crash with another vehicle
- Fire and explosion
- Lightning, storm, flood and earthquake.
You'll find the full list of causes in your policy document.
What's not covered
You're not covered for things like:
- Any valuables or money lost, damaged or stolen in the move
- Damage to things like china, glass and other fragile items – unless you've had them professionally packed.
After a bit more detail?
Accidents happen – even to the best of us. If you'd like to cover your things against accidental damage at the hands of professional removal contractors, add extra Accidental Damage Cover to your policy, for an additional cost.
Furnish your cover with our optional extras
Now you've laid the foundations with our standard cover, for an extra cost you can build on it with our optional extras to give you, your family, and your treasured possessions even more protection.
- Key Cover – get replacement locks and keys and access to a nationwide network of locksmiths if you're locked out
- Family Legal Protection – cover your costs if you have to go to court for a private legal dispute
- Home Emergency Cover – for your repairs to things like a burst pipe or a gas leak
- Personal Possessions Cover – in and outside your home – including for your mobile phone and your gadgets. Also includes bike cover away from home.